- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- icing sugar, cocoa, chocolate
- Cream butter, sugar and almond extract in a mixing bowl.
- Add flour and almond flour and beat until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Scoop small balls of cookie dough and roll between your hands to form small logs.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bend into crescents.
- Bake at 375 F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
To decorate you can:
- roll in icing sugar;
- sprinkle with icing sugar;
- sprinkle with an icing sugar and cocoa mixture;
- drizzle with melted chocolate; and
- dip one end in melted chocolate.