Cranberry Sauce – Scoop N Weigh Skip to content
- 6 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of one orange
- Juice squeezed from one orange
- 1/3 cup creme de cassis (black currant liqueur)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Put 3 cups of the cranberries with all remaining ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop and the juices are slightly syrupy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining cranberries and cook until these have popped.
- Remove from heat and remove the vanilla bean, reserving it for future use.
- Cool sauce to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.