Cream of Anything Soup – Scoop N Weigh Skip to content
- 1½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 2 cups vegetables, chopped
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot bring broth, onions, vegetables, thyme and garlic to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the vegetables until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk and stir constantly until it thickens.
- Add milk mixture to vegetables and heat.