Espresso Delights – Scoop N Weigh Skip to content
- 1 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup small semi-sweet chocolate chips
- icing sugar
- cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on high speed for 30 seconds.
- In a ramekin, mix espresso powder with the vanilla extract to dissolve it.
- Add icing sugar, espresso powder/vanilla and cinnamon and beat until combined.
- Beat in the flour; the dough will become quite stiff. If required, gently knead on the counter to blend the ingredients evenly.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and arrange them on a non-greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the edges have set and the bottoms are golden.
- Remove the cookie sheet to a cooling rack and let the cookies cool.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and cocoa powder together.
- Sift through sieve to remove the lumps.
- Dust the cookies.