French Apple Cake – Scoop N Weigh Skip to content
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4 large apples, peeled and sliced into 1″ pieces
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brandy or dark rum
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Grease a 8 inch round pan and place parchment paper on the bottom.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar and whisk.
- Add brandy and vanilla and whisk.
- Add flour mixture and butter and combine.
- Stir in apple chunks.
- Bake for 55 – 65 minutes.
- Run knife around the outside of the pan and invert onto a plate.
- Invert again, so top side is up.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.