- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup loose fresh herbs such as parsley and basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small seeded hot pepper or 1 to 2 tsp of hot pepper sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of uncooked pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite size pieces and place in a bowl and allow to warm to room temperature.
- Coarsely chop the herbs and add them to the tomatoes.
- Crush the garlic clove and add to the tomatoes and herbs.
- Add the olive oil and the finely diced pepper or the pepper sauce.
- Toss the ingredients briefly to combine.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the tomatoes
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the pasta with topping of Parmesan cheese.
Options: You can toss in some pitted black olives, either whole or chopped or finely chopped green onions or zucchini.