- 1 ½ cups large flake oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup wheat bran
- ½ cup of ground flax
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Replace the oats with any variety of flakes or a mixture.
- Replace the whole wheat flour with any other flour.
- Replace the whole wheat flour with half a cup of flour and half a cup of ground nuts.
- Replace the wheat bran with oat bran.
- 1 ¼ cup total of nuts, seeds and fruit
– Such as: raisins, dried cranberries, dried raspberries, dates, chopped apricots, dried blueberries, sunflower seeds, pepitas, sesame seeds, hemp hearts, pecans, almonds, chocolate chips and coconut.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
– You can not vary these ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together – floury bits and lumpy bits – in one big bowl.
- Whisk together the sticky bits.
- Combine all the bits together.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and pat down firmly with a damp hand.
- Bake for 20 minutes. It should be golden and firm but not hard. It will firm up as it cools.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars.
- Let cool completely in pan, then wrap individually.