Savoury Scones – Scoop N Weigh Skip to content
- 1¾ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, in pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the bacon, cheddar cheese and green onion.
- Add the butter and mix just enough so the butter is in large pieces.
- Add the buttermilk and run your mixer until the dough starts to pull away from the sides.
- Remove the dough to a floured surface and form it into a disk about ½ inch thick.
- Cut the disk into 8 equal wedges and arrange the wedges on a greased baking sheet. A silicone baking sheet is a good alternative to a greased sheet.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little extra buttermilk and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are dark golden on top.
- Remove the baking sheet to a cooling rack and let the scones cool slightly. Serve immediately with butter and your favourite jam, marmalade or chutney.